I don’t know about you guys, but I am an obsessive lotion user. I hate hate HATE having dry hands. Especially now that the weather is cooling off, my skin is constantly thirsty. Lucky for me, I discovered Lush’s Helping Hands hand cream, and I’m in love. No, not just because I love just about everything that Lush does (see: ethics, no testing on animals, things that smell good); rather because this is an excellent lotion. Here’s why:
- It’s nice and thick. Is this a weird reason to like a lotion? Personally, I hate when a lotion is thin or watery, so this is a big plus for me.
- It smells awesome. It’s got a great, light scent that isn’t overbearing. There’s nothing worse than when that one friend uses lotion before you hang out and an hour into catching up you have a migraine because of how strong they smell (good or bad).
- It moisturizes without leaving hands greasy. THIS IS SO IMPORTANT. It leaves skin feeling quenched, but it doesn’t leave you all oily and gross.
- It’s made of good stuff. Like most other Lush products, this lotion is made of all natural, fresh ingredients, and some safe synthetics. Specifically: Chamomile Water (Matricaria Chamomilla) , Linseed Mucilage (Linum usitatissimum) , Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis) , Glycerine , Stearic Acid , Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter (Theobroma Cacao) ,Triethanolamine , Honey (Mel) , Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia) , African Marigold Oil (Tagetes erecta) , Fragrance , Alkanet Extract (Alkanna tinctoria) , *Limonene , *Linalool ,Methylparaben , Propylparaben . *Occurs naturally in essential oils
- It gives great, long lasting moisture. I like that I don’t have to use it every 20 minutes, and using it once every couple hours is plenty to keep my hands feeling soft and smooth.
You can pick some up at any Lush store, or online here.