‘Tis the season for all things pumpkin, and I am SO DOWN WITH THAT. I would eat garbage if it were pumpkin-spiced, seriously. So naturally when a lady from my gym passed around a recipe for grain-free pumpkin bars, I was all over it. I changed the recipe a tad to make it totally paleo. Prepare your tastebuds for a pumpkin-spiced punch of deliciousness.
Ingredients (for 1 8×8 pan of bars):
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of pumpkin pie spice (you can also make your own by mixing 1 tsp ground cinnamon + 1/2 tsp ground ginger + 1/4 tsp ground gloves + 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Preheat your over to 350 degrees. Combine the ingredients and beat them together until you have a smooth batter. Pour it into the pan, and pop it in the over for 30 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.
Let your bars cool, and then cut them up as you wish. These bars are surprisingly cake-like, so you feel like you’re eating a treat when really, there’s nothing too bad in them.
You’re welcome in advance for how delicious these are. If you want to mix things up, here are some pro-tips:
- Use crunchy almond butter to have a little bit of nutty crunch throughout
- Top with chopped pecans for a lot of nutty crunch
- Ice them! (Mix 1/4 cup of maple syrup with 1 tbsp of coconut oil, 1/4 cup water/ 1 tsp of vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, and 3/4 cup of pecans).
Let me know if you try these and what other variations you create!