Okay I will admit that I am totally late to the party with the BB/CC cream train. I’ve always been really loyal to powder foundation, and thought that any cream-based makeup would leave me oily, orange, and broken out. Luckily, that is not the case, and I’m super happy that I made the switch to the ways of the cream.
As my inaugural CC, I decided to try Peter Thomas Roth‘s brand, and I’ve gotta say- I’m pretty pleased.
If you’re not familiar with how these creams work- it’s basically this. You take a pea-sized amount of the cream, and put it on your skin. It’ll look orange or brownish, and you’ll probably think “there’s no way this will look natural, I will look like an oompa loompa after a week at the beach.” You will be wrong.
Once you rub the CC cream in, it grabs the color of your skin, presumably by some dark magic. As you can see, it totally blends into my skin, even though it originally looks like a totally different color.
Here’s why I totally love this CC cream:
- It’s so easy to apply. Literally just take a pea-sized amount and rub all over your face.
- It evens out skin tone, and if you have some darker spots, you can just apply a little more.
- It works as a primer too, so your bronzer, blush, eyeshadow, whatever will apply better.
- It doesn’t leave my skin shiny, oily, or melty-looking like some powder foundations do.
- It’s super natural looking. Rather than covering my skin with a different color, it evens out my natural color.
If you haven’t tried a BB/CC cream yet, I would definitely advise doing so. I also really like Tarte’s BB Cream, if you’re not interested in a CC.
You can grab some CC here.